Posted on April 7th, 2023
Bandcamp Friday is once again upon us! If you remember last month, we announced we would put 5 releases on sale every Bandcamp Friday. This month, we feature:
- Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) "When the Sea Became a Giant": The debut EP, remixed and remastered. Hear how it all began for this now legendary Emo Revival group. If that name sparks a memory, members of Empire are now active in two projects we have recently released: Mt. Oriander and Parting. You can download those for whatever price you choose too!
- Expert Timing "Stargazing". The newest release on this list, it came out last fall and hasn't left rotation for us since. Expert Timing give us the best of combination of emo, punk, pop, and bubblegrunge (yes, the term that confused everyone a few years back during Spotify Wrapped season). The only active band on our list, don't sleep on them when you can still actively support them. FFO: Hey Mercedes, Hot Rod Circuit, Lemuria.
- Kind of Like Spitting "One Hundred Dollar Room" Ben Barnett was an indie-rock institution all unto himself in the early 2000s. Kind of Like Spitting was the band that almost was huge, but instead got to be the best kept secret of the indie world. This album is still begging to be heard, so now is your chance. Who knows, if enough people do, maybe someday they will get the American Football treatment.
- Mountains for Clouds "Maybe It's Already Everywhere": Mountains for Clouds were another Emo Revival gem (it's almost as if that was what we were know for in those days, lol) that never got enough love. Do you like Explosions in the Sky or Appleseed Cast? Of course you do! So try this one on for size and find new love for an old album.
- Perfect Future "Manifesto": Speaking of old CYLS staples, you'd be hard pressed to find one older than Perfect Future. We released almost their entire discography and even some of lead singer/guitarist Brendan Stephens newer work too (see it only ends once and Overo). Perfect Future were the heavier, more hardcore version of the Emo Revival. The did some slow soft stuff, but mixed in a lot more yelling and discord. It's good stuff, and it can be yours for cheap!
On top of all that, we have made all digital pay-what-you-want, including the new Star Funeral album, "In the Dark", as well as other recent releases from Singing Lungs, Elliott Green, Dead By Sunday, Mt. Oriander, Tiny Blue Ghost, Camp Trash and more! We have a silly big catalog and this is the perfect chance to explore. Find something new or revisit an old friend.
Posted on March 24th, 2023
Proud to present to you the debut Star Funeral album "In the Dark" digitally and on vinyl.
Pick your streaming service: https://songwhip.com/starfuneral/in-the-dark
Order it on vinyl now and grab a shirt or pin too: http://countyourluckystars.limitedrun.com/.../products
or pick it up in your favorite record store!
Produced/Mixed/Mastered: Billy Mannino / Two Worlds Recording Studio
Drums: Ethan Kreidemaker
Featured Vox "In The Dark": Brian Dowling
Recording Assisting: Joe Rom / Gianni Gambuzza
Album Artwork by: Kristen Ecker
Vinyl Design: Marissa Carroll
Posted on March 15th, 2023
Excited to announce a vinyl issue of the first malegoat album, 'Plain Infiltration'. 'Plain Infiltration' was the band's first effort and is available for the first time ever on vinyl. FFO: Algernon Cadwallader, Cap'n Jazz, and The Promise Ring.
While the bulk of the Emo Revival happened in the United States through the 2000s and 2010s, Japan held their own renaissance. Leading the charge was Malegoat with their signature twinkly guitars, shouty vocals, and flashy drums. They shared the stage with the likes of Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate)and Braid on their respective Japan tours and even made their way to the US and toured with Algernon Cadwallader during their heyday.
Co-release with New Granada Records Voice Of The Unheard records and Waterslide Records. Out on vinyl/digitally 4/14/23.
Listen to the whole thing now/pre-order on our webstore (cheaper): https://countyourluckystars.limitedrun.com/products/739778-pre-order-malegoat-plain-infiltration
Or Bandcamp: https://countyourluckystars.bandcamp.com/album/plain-infiltration