Posted on May 5th, 2023
It is Bandcamp Friday once again, which means it is time for another sale! 5 vinyl records for just $15 a piece. This month, we are featuring these five albums:
- American Thunder Band "Neither Here Nor Thayer": A lot of people pigeonholed our label for only having emo revival bands (YEAH, OK, MAYBE THAT WAS FAIR), but we also had a lot of cool screamo/hardcore bands too. American Thunder Band (originally called Texas Instruments until a cease-and-desist letter from their calculator namesake) played brash, heavy angular music with guttural screaming. They also worked bits of melody, giving it more depth. It's emotionally draining, but in the best way.
- Innards "I've Lost Everything": Innards were a hardcore band that blended shoegaze elements and screamo. The entire album album clocks in at less than 20 minutes, but it is hard to argue that you don't get your value of it. All 12 songs absolutely destroy. Bonus: most of the songs have titles that are food-themed.
- Parting "Unmake Me": We say this a bit tongue in cheek, but Parting is an Emo Revival supergroup, featuring current and former members from Annabel, Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate), and Dowsing. If you take the best parts of each of those bands, you get Parting- upbeat, catchy songs that still manage to break your heart. A must have.
- Two Knights "A Lot of Bad Things Happened, But We're Still Here": If you have never listened to Two Knights, be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster. Every note breaths sincerity, every moment questioning what it means to feel alive. It turns out trying to figure things out can lead to good music, even if we all still have no clue what the hell anything else means. Think Maps and Atlases and Minus the Bear, but more screaming.
- Zookeeper "Pink Chalk": Chris Simpson from Mineral is a legendary talent. But if you were expecting Mineral pt. 2, you would be better served looking elsewhere. Instead we find an evolved sound that fits more snugly on your shelf with the likes of Wilco, The Decembrists, and Belle and Sebastian. Criminally underrated release, you need to check it out. Chris changed the name of the project to Mountain Time, so do yourself a favor and check that out after you pick this up.
As usual, we also have made everything digital pay what you want so horde our digital pantry and stock up on everything you can get your hands on. This includes the new Thank You, I'm Sorry single "Chronically Online", Malegoat's "Plain Infiltration", Star Funeral's "In the Dark", and more. Go see for yourself what we've got: https://countyourluckystars.bandcamp.com/